Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Days 15-22: It's the final countdown

I'm dragging myself out from the weeds of new baby care to finally play a bit of catch up with my photography project.  I must confess that in my fatigue and exhaustion juggling two little boys and their plethora of needs, I have missed more days than I would care to admit.  I had grand aspirations for taking exceptional newborn photos of this child, capturing all sorts of precious moments and whatnot, but honestly, I'm lucky to make it through the eat, wake, sleep, repeat cycle while keeping me, C and the hubby fed, clothed and happy.  However, hitting a bit of a hiccup won't stop me.  My 365 might not be perfectly consecutive, but I'm going to keep chugging with these photos.

So without further ado, here are the photos from the final stretch before the new baby arrived:

 
Day 15: Out for a walk in the snow


Friday, January 16th was the first session of jBaby's "You + 2" playgroup for moms with more than one child.  I was so glad that we had such a great group of moms sign up, including a few close friends of mine with their littles.  I love the bright clear sunlight that streams into the Kidville gym, so of course I brought my camera along.

Day 16:  Little Miss Scarlett at the first ever session of jBaby "You + 2" playgroup

C jumping like a maniac in his new superman shirt.
Over the weekend, we had a first for C - we took him bowling at a local bowling alley, and he absolutely loved it.  He was fascinated by the whole experience: the shoes, the ball return machine, rolling the ball, watching the pins drop, people watching and more.  We had such a great time.



Day 17: Bowling - the new favorite pastime

Day 18: A lazy day at home means more fun jumping on the bed

Day 19: Swim class fun
Day 20 was a long and uneventful day.  I had what turned out to be my last prenatal appointment, where I snapped this quick shot of my room name.  The midwife's office doesn't number the rooms, instead naming them things like wisdom, serenity, etc.  As we discussed the potential for induction, I decided to take a hint from my room name and hold off rushing into things.  Glad it did.

Day 20: Patience = Wisdom
By Day 21, we were going through the motions getting through each day.  Just a couple days from my due date, I was lumbering and uncomfortable, but still C and I trudged to his gymnastics class and I attempted to chase him through the many steps of the obstacle courses Coach Tami set up.  I brought my camera along for a couple shots.

Day 21: I feel the same way C, I feel the same way


And finally, Day 22.  On Thursday, late at night, my water broke and we headed to the hospital.  I snapped this quick photo before we headed into triage to get the party started and meet our new little man.  

Day 22: New baby, here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment