Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Days 10-14: Lazy Winter Days

It. Is. Cold.  January is not my favorite, any year (and let's be honest, February too).  But this year, bundling over a giant bump, while trying to bundle a toddler and get in and out is rough.  Our big weekend adventure on Saturday was the nature museum (yep, we were there once this year already - I am sensing what will become a recurring theme).  We stumbled upon a story time and activity all about owls in the kid's play area, and C was totally fascinated.

Day 10: "Hey mom, look at my new owl"


Sunday was laziness embodied.  We didn't do much.  It was great.  When C woke up from his nap, I snuck my camera in with me and snapped a few shots just as he was waking up.

Day 11: C and his tags


Monday was a super fun morning.  C had swimming class and then we met friends at Kookaburra Play Cafe (still need to finish that darn punch card before they are officially out of business).  When en route from one to the other (and the car was parked), I turned back to take a photo of C in his car seat.  He looked at me, held up his baseball like a camera, and said, "Mom, I'll take your picture too." Too, too cute.

Day 12: "Mom, I'll take your picture too"


Monday night, I grabbed my camera again, because I didn't love the pics from the morning.  And I ended up capturing quite a few bathtub gems. He is always so expressive in there, and all soggy and sweet, he ends up looking pretty angelic...til the splashing begins at least.






On Tuesday afternoon, C woke up on the wrong side of the crib and was all sorts of defiant.  I grabbed this shot of him refusing to get up off the floor and start his afternoon post nap.

Day 13:  Get up? Never.

Finally, today we had our first session of gymnastics after a long winter break hiatus.  Chasing him there is a full-time job, so I definitely didn't even try to take any pictures.  But on a whim, I grabbed my camera at the water fountain - one of C's favorite things.  He always ends up drenched, and honestly it is probably a germ-filled cesspool, but if it motivates him to head toward the exit (it's right by the door), then I don't care. Ah, parenting. Isn't it grand?

Day 14: My thirsty boy





1 comment:

  1. Holy cow!!! How is it that I had no idea about this amazing website until this moment!! I've been living under a rock--a 12 lb., 9 week old, rock. This is truly beautiful! I knew the pic a day thing, but I didn't realize how you were compiling them all. Beautiful pics of your beautiful family! I can't wait to see the rest! I love this family. Like, seriously love.

    ReplyDelete