Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1: Hello and Happy New Year

2015.  Hello.


In the past, I have been overly ambitious with New Years resolutions, but this year, I am going a bit easy on myself. Because I am due at the end of the month, my primary goal is to not hold myself to unattainable standards as we transition from one child to two and to do my best to maintain some modicum of self care.  I want to lose this baby weight by the end of 2015, which seems more than reasonable. My one big stretch goal is the reason for this new blog. 

This year, I want to take one photo each day. 

Last April, I completed a certificate program in photography, and instead of a summer of intense practice, I spend my summer in survival mode, trying not to puke my guts out while chasing a toddler through all of my first and over half of my second trimester.

So not only will taking a photo a day help push me to practice and hone my craft, but by paying attention more to the day-to-day happenings, I'm hoping that this "Project 365" helps me slow down and appreciate the beauty in the every day. To notice the details. To better record our memories, not just from vacations, exciting outings and more picturesque situations, but from the lazy afternoons at home and our regular jaunts in the neighborhood. 

Of course, we started off today at a loss of what to do to pass the time with a toddler on New Years Day, and we discovered that the Nature Museum is actually open on New Years. Winning.  So of course I brought my camera along, and I actually captured a few great shots (including my selfie above - today's official picture).  

One of my primary subjects this year - the hubby, best dad and partner in crime

Primary subject #2 - the toddler who is rarely willing to look at the camera
and actually smile. Chief household troublemaker, biggest bundle of energy.

Not pictured today:  the baby bump (soon to be little brother to the blondie above) and the puppy, who will both certainly be seen around these parts frequently.

If anyone sees this and feels inspired to join me in a Project 365, please let me know!  I don't expect to update the blog (or even upload the photos from my camera) daily, but ideally this blog will be updated weekly with what I've been up to over the course of a week.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment