Monday, January 5, 2015

Days 3 - 5: So it seems we have strep

Having a long weekend with dad around was so exciting, and lo and behold, toddler germs stepped in and squashed quite a bit of the planned fun right out of it.  We were hoping to have all sorts of time for family fun, but ended up being mostly restricted to errands and quality time at home (not terrible, but when you add fever, projectile vomit and what turned out to be strep to the equation, it lead to a crabby toddler and loooooong days).

Before the real symptoms kicked in, we went to get the boys haircuts.  We spent the rest of the day in, once it became apparent that C was legitimately ill.  Still unclear at that point with what...

Day 3: New Year New Do


Already surfing the net like a grown man - aka best distraction technique ever


On Sunday, we spent most of our day at home.  Highlights of Colin's day included a shower with dad (which makes his day every time - this was my first time actually photographing the joy of it) and a brief stint in shoveling our first big snow of the year.  Colin decided his section would be the tree lawn, and proceeded to rearrange snow in areas that didn't matter.  Still, after being cooped up inside, a little bit of fresh air was much needed.

Day 4: Shower fun with Dad




And a bonus cameo from little baby Miles, world's cutest sleepy baby-
can't wait til his cousin decided to hit the eject button and join him

Today, Monday, Day 5, was spent at the pediatrician's office and then at home.  We discovered that strep can indeed cause vomiting (who knew?!), and we got to pick up the magic pink medicine that should knock this strep right out of C's system.

The only silver lining is we got a "train room" at the doctor's office (a few of the patient rooms have large windows that face the "L" tracks), and Colin was thoroughly content to stare out and yell every time he saw a train (every 2 minutes or so).  Since it was a mad house there, we got to see a TON of trains, and I whipped out my camera for a couple minutes to grab a few shots (which sadly were mostly overexposed - I blame the sleep deprivation and craziness of a sick-child household.  Still, did as much as I could in post-processing to make the best of what I captured).

Day 5: I see you, train

 


What I'm loving about the Project 365 so far is that it is very rare for me to take out my camera to take just one shot.  I'm building a library of great photos beyond just the special occasion moments when I used to reach for my DSLR.  Plus I am already noticing myself "see" things with a more artistic eye - thinking of ideas for moments I want to capture on future lazy days at home and on other mundane errands and such.  I think it's going to be a fun year.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope he's feeling better soon! Beautiful pictures! I hope I'm half this good after a year of taking daily photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! Thankfully he is already feeling so much better - definitely on the mend.

    ReplyDelete